1. Do you accept sections/afghans?
Yes, we will accept sections and completed afghans.
2. Is there a deadline to send in sections/afghans?
There is no deadline. This is an on-going charity.
3. What kind of yarn do we use?
Medium weight/worsted weight acrylic yarn, which is machine washable and dryable, is preferable but washable wool is acceptable.
4. What is the address to send items?
Warm Up America!
3740 N. Josey Lane, Suite 102
Carrollton, TX 75007
5. Will WUA accept other items besides sections?
Yes, we will accept any knitted or crocheted items that will keep a person warm, including caps, mittens, scarves, gloves, etc.
6. Will WUA accept baby caps?
7. Who receives the afghans and accessories sent to Warm Up America?
The Foundation receives requests for afghans and accessories from a variety of social service agencies, including homeless shelters, battered women’s shelters, American Red Cross chapters, veterans homes, senior centers, hospices and religious organizations serving families and individuals in communities around the country. It maintains a database of these requests and fulfills them on a first-come, first-serve basis.